by Brad Nelson 8/8/14
No wonder the flower of our yute are turning to pot. They’re getting priced out of the job market and have little else to do (other than collect tattoos, of course). Here’s a great opening paragraph from an article by Chriss Street: Millennials’ Jobs Getting Outsourced to Their Grandparents:
The Los Angeles Times ran a story titled “Freelance Workers a Growing Segment of California Economy” lamenting that millennials working part-time costs California $17 billion a year in tax revenue. Apart from the Times’ bizarre comment that young people are somehow shirking their responsibility to pay more taxes by working odd jobs to survive, the real issue is that higher tax rates, labor rules and anti-business regulations, and Obamacare mandates have made hiring millennials for full-time work much more expensive. Businesses are increasingly adapting to higher government costs burdens by hiring the over 65-year-old seniors who are exempt from ObamaCare.
The increasing minimum wage laws are also prompting more and more businesses to automate. The added benefit is that a machine won’t likely fail a drug test for pot or other substances (maybe they would test positive for some illegal lubricant, but I don’t believe that’s a factor at present).
Look at the factors standing in the way of America’s yute (especially males) achieving the American dream:
1) Pot and libertarianism (a dead-end ideology that is not an effective tool against statism)
2) The demonization of masculinity and the feminization of men (they can’t fight back…but they can get stoned)
3) Increasing minimum wage laws which eliminate entry-level jobs
4) A dumbed down education system, from Kindergarten to College, which leaves the flower of our yute prepared for little more than being cogs in someone else’s machine.
5) The entitlement debt which will be passed onto them in some way and squelch opportunity.
6) The national debt which, again, will be passed onto them in some way, and will also squelch opportunity.
7) Environmental wacko restrictions that put the kibosh on economic opportunity and progress.
Millennials, you can either have a job and your dignity or you can “save the planet” and smoke dope in order to try to forget the absurd times you live in, and the absurd ideas you have acquiesced to. Make your choice.
Have a blog post you want to share? Click here. • (1801 views)