Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sexual Economics
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Sexual Economics
on: October 9, 2018, 10:05

I thought this article was useful in understanding a huge aspect of the cultural wars (feminism, man-hating, etc.): Sexual Economics, Culture, Men, and Modern Sexual Trends

Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Sexual Economics
on: October 9, 2018, 10:13

Interesting. Apparently their argument is that everything sexual can be explained by assuming women are all prostitutes. Meanwhile, we note that much of the preferential treatment for women came from governments responding to voters, and later from identity politics infiltrating organzations' management.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 9, 2018, 10:14

This article may explain the lunatic women who were so obsessed with hating Brett Kavanaugh: Understanding the True Character of Feminism

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 9, 2018, 10:23

So, basically, misery loves company. Well, that makes sense. I've already pointed out how pathetic trolls are, since their lives involve seeking to be hated in order to justify their hate. It should be no surprise that they're actually typical leftists. As are femocrats.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 9, 2018, 10:56

Apparently their argument is that everything sexual can be explained by assuming women are all prostitutes.

Did you even read that article? It doesn't seem likely.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 9, 2018, 10:59

I went through it, somewhere between scanning and careful reading. The language discouraged the latter.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 9, 2018, 14:46

Brad,

"Sexual Economics, Culture, Men, and Modern Sexual Trends"

The above piece was excellent. It confirms what anyone, who is not completely insane knows, i.e. in all but the most barbarian societies, it is women who control and set the parameters of sexual intercourse.

I was also pleased to note the authors touched on something which I have never understood, that is, today's females have willingly given up their greatest power for very little in return. I have never understood this lack of control and downright stupidity on their part.

I also liked the authors' take on how women have civilized males in society, although they did not use that phrase.

The fact that men became useful members of society as a result of their efforts to obtain sex is not trivial, and it may contain important clues as to the basic relationship between men and culture (see Baumeister 2010). Although this may be considered an unflattering characterization, and it cannot at present be considered a proven fact, we have found no evidence to contradict the basic general principle that men will do whatever is required in order to obtain sex, and perhaps not a great deal more. (One of us characterized this in a previous work as, “If women would stop sleeping with jerks, men would stop being jerks.”) If in order to obtain sex men must become pillars of the community, or lie, or amass riches by fair means or foul, or be romantic or funny, then many men will do precisely that. This puts the current sexual free-for-all on today’s college campuses in a somewhat less appealing light than it may at first seem. Giving young men easy access to abundant sexual satisfaction deprives society of one of its ways to motivate them to contribute valuable achievements to the culture.

I found the piece so good that I printed it out.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 9, 2018, 15:24

There are some Kungian bits of wisdom about human nature in this one as well: Understanding the Myth of Rape Culture

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 9, 2018, 15:38

I recall a short MAD item in which a boy complained a girl used him by giving him sex in trade for love. She complained that he gave her love in trade for sex. In the end, they both realized that the liked being used that way. Witk the hook-up culture, that trade doesn't happen, and a lot of women find out -- after giving in -- that they don't like it. Femocrats find it convenient to call that "date rape", since that increased (fraudulently) the number of rapes and thus is useful for fueling the victimization grievance that underpins identity politics.

Incidentally, this sexual difference -- men want sex, women want love -- is why men have often turned out to favor abortion more than women do. It's easy for a conservative to see why this would happen. A femocrat is incapable of understanding it since it has nothing to do with identity politics, which is all she knows.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 9, 2018, 16:46

Understanding the Myth of Rape Culture

Another very good piece. Too much common sense though for academia.

I liked the following line:

...experience suggests that most people are essentially delusional, memory conveniently selective, and reason itself but a vehicle of their inconstant feelings and interests.

These traits are especially convenient when one wishes to deflect blame from oneself and accuse others of crimes and other wrongdoings.

The author DeGroot is a regular contributor at TakiMag. I am pretty sure, I have linked to some of his writing there.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.201 seconds.