Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sexual Economics
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Sexual Economics
on: October 9, 2018, 20:17

Thank you, Mr. Kung. I was reading that on my iPad which makes it much more difficult to post comments. But you pulled out the exact quote that caught my eye.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 11, 2018, 09:11

The link will take you to a 15 minute Youtube clip of Camile Paglia just taking modern feminism apart. I listened to the whole thing, but if you don't have the time or inclination to do that, listen to the first 6 minutes and you will hear someone who understands what is happening and why feminism is so damaging.

Paglia speaks in a somewhat machine-gun style so don't be surprised or annoyed with this.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 11, 2018, 10:05

And Paglia is, and no doubt considers herself, a feminist. But there's a difference between what Christina Hoff Sommers calls equity feminism and the misandry that she calls gender feminism (I call it femocracy). The latter took over feminist starting a few decades ago (Sommers traced it back to the late 70s).

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 11, 2018, 11:02

It strikes me that Camille Paglia taking the feminist movement apart is like a construction worker cutting off the steel girder he’s sitting on at twenty stories up. But if “equality” for women can be achieved without man-hating and special treatment (that is, being super-equal), fine.

So it’s “second wave feminism” that is the problem. I would argue that the seeds for what we have now were always there. Once women deny their nature (which is inherent to feminism of any kind), you’ve got a problem. And I think most of the angst and grievance (leading to the “second wave,” if you like….I would call it an inevitable delayed reaction) of feminism stems from the inevitable disappointment. The promise is women are the same as men. And when the results don’t play out as anticipate or desired, then it must because men are sexists, etc. We need more quotas. We need more “reeducation” (pussification) of men, etc. Man-hate is inevitable in an ideology that asserts that here is no difference between men and women.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 11, 2018, 11:34

I think one can believe in equality for women without believing women are the same as men. For example, women tend to be not as good at math as men (especially at the top). But I found out very spectcularly and embarrassingly one day at Austin Peay State College in Clarksville that some women are very good at math.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 11, 2018, 12:09

It strikes me that Camille Paglia taking the feminist movement apart is like a construction worker cutting off the steel girder he’s sitting on at twenty stories up.

Heh, maybe it's like the FBI talking to an incarcerated serial killer to catch another serial killer.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 11, 2018, 12:41

That actually happened at least once, though it may not have been the FBI. Someone (I think it may have been police from the Seattle area) actually discussed the Green River Killer with Ted Bundy. At least he didn't escape, unlike the (fortunately fictional) Hannibal Lecter, and eventually kept his date with Ol' Sparky.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 11, 2018, 14:22

Okay, your serial killer analogy is apt, Mr. Kung. There was (is) a good Netflix series regarding that: Mindhunter. This series has some issues but certainly the early episodes are interesting.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 11, 2018, 14:24

I think one can believe in equality for women without believing women are the same as men

There's theory and then there's practice. What we've seen is the central man-hating component of feminism.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 15, 2018, 15:32

This is a very strange woman. I can't figure out if she is a nut or simply self-promoter of some sort. Maybe a nutty self-promoter.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37099/watch-woman-claims-boy-sexually-assaulted-her-then-ryan-saavedra?utm_medium=email&utm_content=101518-news&utm_campaign=position1

In any case, she is a liar, but we all know women don't lie about sexual harassment.

I feel sorry for the little kid.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.183 seconds.