Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 16 17 18 [19]
Author Topic: Church Scandals
Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Church Scandals
on: April 10, 2019, 21:06

Benedict's diagnosis sounds very reasonable to me. It's certainly unfortunate that he stepped down, but perhaps he felt he was no longer up to the duties. And he had no way of knowing that he'd be replaced by the Peron Pope, nor that the replacement would pretty much be an anti-pope. It's also important to realize that Benedict seems to have made no serious effort to clean out the Church. Maybe that's one of those things he didn't feel up to doing. Unfortunately, while the Peron Pope is certainly up to it physically, he isn't up to it morally or intellectually.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: April 11, 2019, 09:14

The church, in other words, was no more immune to the disorders of that decade and its aftermath than the rest of society.

Yes, I’ll buy that summing-up of The Real Pope’s thoughts on the matter by the author of this article. In other words, bad ideas became normalized making it harder to oppose them.

And certainly the Catholic Church could be said to be another victim of the sexual revolution. But why this concentration of homosexuality? I don’t know. Demonic forces are not an unreasonable supposition, particularly in regards to official Church teachings.

And from what I understand, it’s helping to forward a false narrative by saying this is about pedophilia. That is a part of it. But from my understanding, the main problem is homosexuality in the church.

The reason this false narrative is being forwarded is because of the sanitized idea that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with homosexuality. And I don’t think this point is a mere quibble. Nor do I see being reported the absolute glee that the homosexuals must have in their intentional subversion of the Church.

The Church is under attack. Someone has to defend it. But then it’s so full of sin itself, it seems to me its become a corrupt and rickety thing, I’m not sure if it can be salvaged.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 20, 2019, 17:27

Good news from the United Methodist Church. It appears the believers have outvoted the pagans in their midst who claim to believe.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-rel-disunited-methodists/2019/04/20/id/912559/

Unlike the Episcopalians, it appears Methodists are unwilling to let Sodomites call the tune in their church. Good for them. Better to toss out the heretics and purify the church than leave them be, where they will eat away at the church like termites. Given enough time, they would destroy the UMC.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 20, 2019, 18:23

Episcopalians are an explicitly American wing of the Anglicans. They and the English church have largely gone over to the libertinists, though there are exceptions. The heart of resistance to libertinism among both Methodists and Anglicans comes from third-world countries, such as the Anglican Archbishop of Nigeria.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: April 21, 2019, 07:20

What’s always interested me is why anyone who practices homosexuality, or is a man pretending to be a woman (and vice versa), would want to join a Christian church. It’s like an Italian going into a Chinese restaurant and complaining that there isn’t pizza on the menu.

I suspect that the real impetus is to shit all over Christianity. This is the equivalent of Vandals spray-painting graffiti on a freeway overpass. The mere existence of something that doesn’t believe as they do is something that must be crushed. The gay mindset is now inextricably linked to a fascist mindset.

That these weenie pastors go along with it out of some misplaced sense of “diversity” just shows you how badly Vitamin N is needed in our culture. The problem really isn’t tolerance of some church members who have same-sex attraction. That’s easy. Christianity has always willingly embraced the lepers. It’s their mission.

But they’re never until now pretended that leprosy was something to be sought out and even called a virtue. And the real problem is you’re not dealing with a few lost or confused souls struggling with same-sex attraction. The real problem is that you’re dealing with a dynamic and demonic movement that wishes to crush not only opposition to all types of gender-bending, but one that is actively hostile to the normalcy of one man, one woman. Embrace this cultural cancer at your own risk.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 21, 2019, 08:00

Well, for pederasts certain church facilities must seem like a smorgasbord of sex, so that may also have something to do with it. In addition, many homosexuals are probably bisexuals who finally decide they prefer homosexual to heterosexual behavior. For example, the homosexual New Hampshire Episcopalian bishop divorced his wife to marry his homosexual lover.

But it's also true that "Gay Pride" events often explicitly target churches (especially Catholic ones) for abuse. Hostility to those who make moral judgments is very strong among homosexual activists.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 21, 2019, 10:19

What’s always interested me is why anyone who practices homosexuality, or is a man pretending to be a woman (and vice versa), would want to join a Christian church.

I suspect that the real impetus is to shit all over Christianity

My thoughts on your thought.

Just change she to he.

It is the same with women who demand to join all-male clubs. They don't actually give a damn about belonging to such clubs. They simply want to shove their beliefs and egos down the throats of those horrible males who dare try to exclude females from such clubs.

The problem really isn’t tolerance of some church members who have same-sex attraction. That’s easy. Christianity has always willingly embraced the lepers. It’s their mission.

There is no doubt that a general laxity of morals has allowed the acceptance of flagrant homosexuality by a number of denominations. I am appalled at the acceptance of illegitimacy in today's churches. Accepting unmarried couples to attend service is nowhere condoned in the Bible. These and other sins are no longer even pooh-poohed. Those who condone them spout the verse about "judge not lest ye be judged." But this is a con-job.

There is a difference between sinning, and living in sin. We all sin, day-in, day-out. But the hope is to continue trying to improve and avoid putting ourselves into situations which promote or encourage sin.

On the other hand, living in sin, is a repudiation of God as we know we are in a situation which is at its base sinful and promotes our further sinning. There is no redemption possible as long as one continues to openly flaunt God. It is clear that one is not willing to listen to the very basic message of the Bible that one places one's desires above the Word.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 21, 2019, 10:59

Why change she to he? Leftists try not to differentiate between the two anyway.

The "you will be made to care" (as Eric Erickson puts it) motivation certainly can't be ignored. Masterpiece Cakeshop's ordeal is a direct result of that spiteful mindset. The Covington boys case was also motivated by this in several ways. And the Catholic Church attracts their hatred even more emphatically.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 21, 2019, 11:25

Why change she to he? Leftists try not to differentiate between the two anyway.

Sorry, "my bad." (An ignorant phrase I truly hate.)

Pages: First << 16 17 18 [19]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.38 seconds.