Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Church Scandals
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Church Scandals
on: September 19, 2018, 10:42

Here’s my take on this, Mr. Kung. Yes, the Pink Mafia should be opposed. But in the case of this reverend, I’m not sure that the Pink Mafia wasn’t behind it themselves. They couldn’t have gotten better publicity. The optic of burning a flag generally doesn’t go well. That’s not likely to pull sympathetic people to his side. No one wants to be a “hater.”

If not wanting to be seen as a “hater” is the immediate tactical aspect, the long-term strategic aspect is even more powerful, in my opinion. They should label it “Indulgence” rather than “tolerance.” When you support homosexuals, you are granting yourself further permission to engage in liberal sexual practices. In other words, to say “no” to homosexuals is a difficult position to take if you are one of those (and we are all one of those) who grew up in the sexual revolution. (We don’t all practice it. But we all grew up exposed to those attitudes.)

I’m not sure the sexual revolution (yet) permits infidelity inside of marriage. But I’m 100% sure that relaxed sexual attitudes, in general, have given people the cover they need to rationalize their acts, whatever they are. To say “no” to homosexuals is to blow the lid on their own hijinks.

If you want to oppose the Pink Mafia’s agenda, I would recommend they do so and separate out “the sin from the sinner,” a phrase I know you don’t like but that I think is important here. If I’m a reverend, I find some reformed homosexuals and have them speak out on the actual and real harms implicit not only in the lifestyle but in the generally rotten culture of homosexuals.

That doesn’t fit quite as succinctly on a bumper sticker. Nor is it an easy symbolic act like burning a flag. But it might be a way to his this pernicious movement at its core. Expose the very ugly underbelly that few are willing to talk about.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 19, 2018, 11:29

Brad,

The reason I am happy the priest burned the flag is that the flag is, in itself, blasphemy. It associates the Cross with behavior which is anathema to Christian teachings.

The so-called Rainbow flag specifically celebrates and pushing homosexual activity. It is put forward by those who wish to promote homosexual behavior, not those who believe themselves to be homosexual, but decide to refrain from sexual activity with those of the same sex. As such, the flag needed to be removed from the Church sanctuary and destroyed in a clear demonstration to point out that the Church does not approve of behavior, which by its very nature is sinful.

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 19, 2018, 11:55

Quite true. But of course so many modern "Christian" clergy are happier with something like the Black God's demand that the William and Mary chapel remove Christian regalia for his appearance there because it might upset his jihadist friends. They did, of course. After that incident, no one should have fallen for Slick Barry's pretense of Christianity. He only worships himself (and Moloch, of course).

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: September 19, 2018, 19:04

David French has an interesting article: Make Sex Crimes Criminal Again.

I think what we can say for sure is that central to the liberal utopian project is sex without consequences. Sex, anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The homosexual agenda is a must-have as a vital plank in this platform. Those committed to it cannot back down.

I was shocked and a bit alarmed one time when debating online with a friend. He was totally emotionally invested in the idea that Margaret Mead had proved that sex is open and guilt-free in its natural state. Never mind that I think it has been shown beyond much doubt that the natives in Samoa were telling her what she wanted to hear. They actually had all kinds of taboos about sex.

This liberal anthropologist wanted to find a sexual utopia. But even giving her the benefit of the doubt that a small community somewhere might just conform to liberal-style sexual utopian practices, you don’t need to be a trained anthropologist to see in the wider world that it’s not the Church’s fault, it’s not white people’s fault, and it’s not capitalism’s fault that people get jealous and squirrelly about sex.

Central to defining liberal/conservative isn’t tolerance, per se, for various sexual practices. I’m a live-and-let-live kind of guy. The more elemental difference is if one believes that sex is always good, natural, wholesome, therapeutic, and liberating — and if it isn’t, that’s the fault of religion, of having one’s urges shamed or “repressed," etc.

I was truly shocked that a college-educate man believed this. And many do. Few discuss this basic component of liberalism. But a huge number in our culture believe this (it actually helps if they go to college), just like some believe that sex is always inherently sinful and dirty (although these days you could probably count such people on one hand).

This is one very big reason that those who are “tolerant” of gays have zero interest in what it really means to practice the homosexual lifestyle as typically lived today. It must remain a protected species or the entire project won't fly.

Hey, if a reverend wants to burn a rainbow flag, he should receive as much respect, accolades, and hands-off awe as do the NFL kneelers or those who burn the American flag. This guy was doing exactly what Nike says is high ethics: He’s believing in something.

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 19, 2018, 19:39

Well, there's one piece of good news on the culture warrior. Frank Oz mocked the idea that Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street are homosexual. He wondered why anyone would even care. And since he created those characters (as well as many other Muppets), he ought to know.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: September 19, 2018, 20:17

Narcissism to some extent. As I’ve said before, the joy of reading a book or watching a movie is getting outside yourself and discovering new people, countries, or times. But the liberal must always see himself in everything around him. I would say most liberals are psychologically damaged in this way… Or at least fragile.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 19, 2018, 21:48

He wondered why anyone would even care.

Perverts, deviants and misfits seem to wish to project their brokeness on to others and society as a whole. Nobody but some cracked homosexual would even think about whether Bert and Ernie are queers or not. Wait, I am wrong. Some crazy Freudian could also think about such things. Although Freud has pretty well been debunked, there are still plenty of Freudians in Hollywood and New York.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: September 19, 2018, 22:01

As far as I know, Ernie and Bert were hand puppets. You're so right about the pervs and cracked homosexuals wanting to project their brokeness onto others.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 19, 2018, 09:38

Well, there's further news on the Catholic lavender mafia. It seems that US attorneys in Philadelphia and Buffalo are now looking into the Pennsylvania scandal. Federal involvement would mean either civil rights violations or Mann Act violations (crossing state lines for immoral purposes). The likeliest bets in the latter case will mean either bringing children across state lines for the homosexuals to abuse, or sending recreants across state lines to protect them.

Meanwhile, Vigano the whistle-blower has issues a third statement, in which he accuses the Peron Pope of either being grossly negligent -- or complicit in the covering up of these crimes. But there still is no action yet in other states (though a few state AGs are beginning to look). The link to all this is:

Hmmm: Feds launch probe into Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Pennsylvania

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 19, 2018, 11:27

I read an article today (I forget where) which noted that one critic said that homosexuality was the problem. (I agree.) But the libtard author of the article stated that scientific data shows that homosexuals are no more likely to abuse people as heterosexuals.

This misses the point that, although abuse of children is part of the problem, it's the rampant promiscuous homosexual culture within the profession of being a priest that is the problem. And this is an intentional subversion of the institution, so this abuse sets up the core for all kinds of other abuse.

Pages: First << 13 14 15 [16] 17
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.22 seconds.