Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: Church Scandals
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Church Scandals
on: September 12, 2018, 11:33

Okay, thanks. I hadn’t had a chance to make my usual round of the headlines.

"In these times, it seems like the 'Great Accuser' has been unchained and is attacking bishops. True, we are all sinners, we bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalize the people. The 'Great Accuser', as he himself says to God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, 'roams the earth looking for someone to accuse'. 

Ouch. You are quite right in your analysis of that:

But no, his complaint isn't that Satan successfully tempted the Lavender Mafia to abuse children, but that Satan influenced the victims to accuse their abusers.

What a morally bankrupt man. And yet we see things from afar. We naively assume that the Papacy is about moral and spiritual enrichment and guidance. What is probably closer to the truth is that this is Catholic, Inc. and the Pope is just another CEO protecting his profits (not prophets, unfortunately).

Either that or — much more likely, in terms of satanic influences — he is another Whore of Babylon, a mouthpiece for Satan.

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 13, 2018, 17:03

They were just now discussing the Church scandal on Fox News, and one of its defenders brought up a good point: Why do grand juries only investigate the Catholics for such abuses? No doubt there are abuses found in other churches (though with the Muslims one might expect them to be mainly heterosexual), and for that matter public schools? This should never be used to defend the Catholic abusers or to delay acting against them -- but it is a good point. There certainly has been plenty of anecdotal evidence of abusive schoolteachers.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 13, 2018, 18:59

There certainly has been plenty of anecdotal evidence of abusive schoolteachers.

I have been amazed at the number of teachers who have been indicted and convicted for such actions, in Texas. Oddly, most seem to be women.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 14, 2018, 16:27

The link is to an article which highlights the amazing hypocrisy, down-right dishonesty and incredible stupidity of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Are leftists honest about anything?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/anglican-leader-faces-backlash-amazon-zero-hours-contracts-121138955--spt.html

Once again, the left's motto is "do as I say, not as I do."

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 14, 2018, 16:41

"We should all practice what we preach," a Conservative MP sensibly observes. And no one more so than the leaders of a religion. Of course, how many of them today actually believe what they preach? For all of Rev. Al Mohler's faults ("What's the difference between God and Al Mohler?" "God doesn't think he's Al Mohler."), the fundamentalist head of the local Southern Baptist seminary probably really does believe what he preaches.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: September 15, 2018, 09:07

I'd never heard of the zero-hour contract. Given that the purpose of private enterprise is increasingly viewed as a means for the seamless extension of government benefits, I can see why some wouldn't like this practice. You're paying people to do actual work when needed, not simply functioning to extend the social safety net. It's far more important to provide free abortion benefits than actual pay for actual work. I get it.

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 15, 2018, 09:48

When I started working for Key Systems nearly 40 years ago, it was as a contract workers. This meant I worked on specific projects with what amounted to a specific contract. I did a lot better there than I did as an employee in my previous jobs. One problem they eventually had was that their contract workers (otherwise there were just the 3 owners, and later a secretary) was that there were no workers when customers showed up (we mostly worked at home). So back around 1986 they made me an actual employee, with holidays, vacation, sick leave, etc. (Very conveniently, my first day as an employee was Memorial Day.)

That's the equivalent of a zero-hour contract, as far as I can tell. After I was fired about 20 years ago, they found that they still needed me for a while, and again took me on as a contract hour. (Per hour, it was probably the best job I've ever had. I knew enough about their rates, and always charged on the assumption that the job would be as difficult as was reasonable to anticipate. Generally it wouldn't be.)

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 15, 2018, 10:32

So-called zero hour contracts seem to me to be a sensible way to cover certain types of work that are irregular or require a minimum number of hours to do. I can see that such employment could be very attractive to many people who don't wish to work full time and have some flexibility on working hours.

There is nothing wrong with zero hour contracts, but the good Archbishop displays a typical hypocrisy one often finds among the elite left. "Lying scumbags" would describe them succinctly.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: September 19, 2018, 08:46

Here is one priest doing the right thing, in defiance of the Church hierarchy.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407382-chicago-parish-burns-rainbow-flag-defying-chicago-archdiocese

Hopefully, more such actions will follow.

Timothy-
Lane
on: September 19, 2018, 09:46

There are similar splits among the Episcopalians. Not everyone there adopts leftist rather than Christian morality, much less thinks of Christians as "they".

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15] 16
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.288 seconds.