Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trapped in Another Body
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Trapped in Another Body
on: March 22, 2019, 08:29

Regarding being trapped in another body, I’m not talking about Donald Sutherland and one of those old horror movies of snatched bodies. Or maybe I am.

Will Alexander has a good article on the subject: Transgender ‘Woman’ Escapes Plato’s Cave. It’s about how a man who thought he was a woman (and tried to pretend to be one) came to the conclusion that he was daft to try to do so.

This post is not an exercise in making fun of the weirdos or feminine males that always exist in a society. There but for the grace of God, etc. But what I’m talking about is the phenomenon whereby it is now common for otherwise normal people to define their problems in terms of “gender identity” – a solution that is 100% a product of the irrational and faddish group-mind you’ll find on Facebook and other places.

It was in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons where he would hold up a graphical sign that would translate to “Screwball” when Bugs had come across a particularly strange case. We seemed to have lost our ability to do so about other people or about ourselves.

It should occur to any normal person not to parse their normal angst in life as “I’m living the wrong gender.” That is, those Screwball thought-bubble signs ought to appear over our heads the moment we beging take to such a thought seriously.

It doesn’t flabbergast me that there are weirdos, feminine-like men, and other strange people. That has always been the case in any society. What seems new is the acceptance of a truly screwball idea by otherwise normal (if troubled) people such as changing one’s “gender” as a solution to one’s problems. There’s a lot we can learn from Bugs Bunny.

Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Trapped in Another Body
on: March 22, 2019, 08:58

"Screwball" is a mild insult, and therefore leftists aren't allowed to think of people that way. Except for conservatives, of course, since their political views remove all forms of social insulation from them. Bugs Bunny would never qualify as politically correct.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: March 22, 2019, 11:20

I don’t doubt that there are people out there so messed up that they grasp at straws . . . including the idea (planted in their head by this wacko culture) that they’re simply living a mismatched gender.

But I saw a Glenn Beck clip yesterday where he was dealing with this idea that this one Hollywood or music clown said that the thought like a woman. Basically it was: What the hell does that mean? Beck noted he’s known women who can make him blush with the way they talk and women who are sweet and gentle. So what the hell does it mean to “think” like a woman?

There’s something going on here that has nothing to do with “thinking like a woman.” Whether it’s attention-getting or people running away from the masculinity because it’s been so demonized, I don’t know. But this idea that you are really a man trapped in a woman’s vody (or vice versa) is complete nonsense and, except perhaps for a very rare cases, is a symptom of something else.

Who thinks like that? Who hasn’t (or doesn’t) have problems? Who hasn’t had to deal with bouts of sadness, depression, confusion, or whatever? That’s life. And we often need help during such times (although usually it’s best to work it out yourself).

But why in the hell would any “man” claim that the root of his problem was that he had a penis, not a vagina?

Timothy-
Lane
on: March 22, 2019, 11:43

Well, if women can have penis envy (an actual term, though I've never encountered it), I suppose men could have vagina envy -- especially as women become increasingly dominant in many fields. The funny thing about "thinking like a woman" (or writing like a woman, as Harlan Ellison once described Zenna Henderson) is that it involves relying on sexual stereotyping. In reality, as you note, men and woman come in all shapes and sizes -- and mindsets. (Including no mind at all, e.g. most leftists).

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.133 seconds.