Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tobacco 2.0
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Tobacco 2.0
on: June 13, 2018, 09:32

We'd already briefly discussed this article elsewhere (somewhere): Marijuana: Big Tobacco 2.0. But this is an important cultural movement that we need to keep an eye on.

I've thought about this subject recently because in my line of work from time to time I'm requested to quote on packaging products for the dopers who sell this poison. I've had about five or six contacts in the last several years (and have yet to get any work out of them). This is what I can report with absolute objectivity despite despising people who are pushing this drug as safe and even healthful: To a boy (few I would call "men") the yutes I deal with are obviously afflicted in mind. The common symptoms are they talk fast, are disorganized, and are incoherent. They are a mess. Be very very careful of all the talk that this is just the yute's version of alcohol. This stuff will indeed mess up your mind. I've seen much evidence of it.

Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Tobacco 2.0
on: June 13, 2018, 09:55

Well, I've read about evidence that it does indeed damage the brain, especially among young people whose brains are still developing. So your observations and explanations for them are quite likely correct.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: June 13, 2018, 10:01

It's shocking how barely functional some of these yutes are. I honestly don't know how they can even run a business. But somehow they do. But there's all the evidence you need right there by just talking to them. Once would be an anomaly. Two or three times but a coincidence. But every damn time these yutes are just scatter-brained. I don't need medical evidence that pot is harmful any more than I needed a Surgeon General's report to tell me that cigarettes are bad after listening to someone's hacker cough.

Timothy-
Lane
on: June 13, 2018, 10:16

There's an old saying, used in Michael Kurland's Mission: Tank War and the basis of the plot of Goldfinger: "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is enemy action."

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: June 13, 2018, 10:21

I just had a friendly discussion with a Jehovah Witness friend of mine. When I mentioned the evils of pot, he told me about all the good medical uses for it. The marketing is definitely working. And I told him I don't deny that there are useful medical uses for it any more than I would deny that digitalis or some other drug has its uses. The point is that having a specialized use for a drug (and I don't at all buy these ever-increasing claims of pot's healthful effects) is different from saying it's good for you in normal circumstances.

Boy, the Tobacco 2.0 marketeers have done a very good job mushing minds so that pot can then finish them off completely.

Timothy-
Lane
on: June 13, 2018, 10:45

Drugs are listed on different schedules. Marijuana is currently listed as harmful with no beneficial uses. I suspect it really does have some value, and if so it should be listed as legal if prescribed by a doctor. Better still would be getting the federal government out of the drug war business except when dealing with interstate or international commerce. Intra-state, it should be a state matter. Federalism -- it works wonders when used properly.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: June 13, 2018, 10:49

I have no problem with pot, in theory, having beneficial effects. However, much like the “service dogs” which are basically pets re-branded so people can bring them with them into stores, I distrust all these stories about the supposed beneficial effects of pot.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: June 13, 2018, 11:02

Pot is dangerous, not funny

Researchers are still studying the long-term effects of marijuana. But what is known is that the younger a person begins using pot, such as in the teen years, the greater the declines in general knowledge, impaired thinking, learning difficulties and lowered IQ.

That’s certainly what I’ve seen.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: June 13, 2018, 11:51

(Young man with drooping eyelids, slightly silly smile and head which wobbles a bit)

Wow, dude, what are you talking about? I'm living proof that weed doesn't harm anyone who uses it.

Timothy-
Lane
on: June 13, 2018, 13:21

That's what happens when your mind goes -- you don't realize it's gone. Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia are extreme cases. It can also happen with serious enough hypoxia, as I have had occasion to observe recently (fortunately, it didn't happen to me). And some form of it seems to happen with marijuana, which may explain why more people today are adopting the deranged delusions known as leftism.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.181 seconds.