1) Here’s a campaign that didn’t mind colluding with an enemy to win an American election.
2) Here’s a campaign that either didn’t mind the ability of Putin to later blackmail them or were too naive to think of it.
3) Trump Jr. is shown to be a liar like his father.
4) As I think Jay Nordlinger pointed out (quoting another famous saying), “this might not be illegal but it sure is damnable.” Or something like that.
5) It’s unlikely that Trump Jr. (and the other top staff members) were acting without Donald Trump’s blessing. That is, we can’t isolate this to a naive young Trump Jr.
6) Trump is causing the swamp to raise, not lower.
Jay Nordlinger notes, “In politics, as in other areas of life, this is true: If people cover up one thing, chances are they are covering up another.” This situation adds a lot more fuel to the fire. Word is that Pence is beginning to distance himself. The House and Senate GOP, stung by carrying Trump’s water on a health care bill and then later called “mean” apparently have little tolerance left for this clown of a president.
Things could get interesting.