Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: China
Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
Post Re: China
on: February 21, 2019, 11:27

I can see these assholes telling people they can't get a driver's license because they own a gun or drive a truck. Or you can't get married unless you eschew a designation of gender on the marriage license. Or you can't walk your dog in a public park unless you have been certified to be a vegetarian. Etc.

These are the types of abuses which people are worried about and I have no doubt that the Reds are quite capable of such things.

But if one understands Chinese culture one will see it at work with the cases they have, apparently, concentrated on, i.e. things to do with money.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: February 21, 2019, 11:43

I'm all for "No free needles unless you can account for the ones you've already use." Perhaps also being banned from pissing in the streets if you've already defecated on the sidewalk. One has to have one's standards.

Timothy-
Lane
on: February 21, 2019, 12:07

Quite so. It just depends on what standards. How about excluding people from Babylon on the Bay if they have a history of defecating on the sidewalks? Even better would be excluding those who crap on the city, but for obvious reasons the Demagogues would never do that because they'd be the targets.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: May 7, 2019, 15:37

I was talking to friends in Taiwan and Hong Kong this week, and they agree with me, that Trump is using the correct tactics in his negotiations with Red China. It is a well-worn-Asian technique to keep negotiations going for extended periods. This allows the Chinese to win whatever happens. On the one hand, they put off the day of reckoning as long as negotiations are ongoing. On the other hand, they may get lucky and wear out their opponents who finally give up and concede to whatever the Chinese want, just to bring negotiations to an end, any end.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lighthizer-says-china-reneging-on-trade-talk-commitments-11557176867

It is an unfortunate fact that the Chinese see any goodwill which their opponents may display as a sign of weakness that must be taken advantage of.

The question is whether or not Trump will fold at the last minute. Let's hope he doesn't.

Timothy-
Lane
on: May 7, 2019, 16:21

This is also how lawfare often works. See Mark Steyn's frequent comments on his website regarding his legal battles. Strangely, leftists who are happy to use this approach show little ability to hold on against foreign use of it, no doubt because they don't care about American interests.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: May 8, 2019, 11:53

Another interesting article on Chinese-USA trade negotiations. The writer makes clear the Chinese reneged on earlier promises, thus the Trump administration took a hardened view of things.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-backtracking-exclusiv/exclusive-china-backtracked-on-almost-all-aspects-of-u-s-trade-deal-sources-idUSKCN1SE0WJ

I could have told them that the Chinese do not often negotiate in good faith. They drag things out for ever, fool their opponents into believing that a reasonable deal is possible and then blow things up and give their opponents a "Return-to-Go" card and start negotiations from the beginning.

They only understand power and force, be it implied or open. Generally, they require a demonstration of said force to finally understand the situation. One must understand that the Chinese truly do believe they are smarter and better than the barbarians of the world, i.e. the rest of us. And those of us they can't fool, they try to buy.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: May 15, 2019, 14:54

I thought it might be interesting to point out that the USA is making a concerted effort to degrade China's high tech industry in the area of electronics. This includes semi-conductors, mother boards, etc.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/15/trump-signs-executive-order-declaring-national-emergency-over-threats-against-us-technology.html

A number of companies have already started moving production away from China because of requirements by the US government and US companies to keep Chinese circuit boards, and chips out of their equipment. This is already hurting China.

Timothy-
Lane
on: May 15, 2019, 16:29

There are very credible reports that the Chinese include back-doors on their electronics to give them (meaning Chinese military intelligence) access. Sometimes trade really is a direct national security issue. Something like that happened in Robert Asprin's The Cold Cash War, which was intended as a prequel to the movie Rollerball suggesting how that world might have been brought about.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.216 seconds.