Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Breaking News
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Breaking News
on: September 20, 2018, 10:01

I read that this morning on Drudge, Mr. Kung. Yikes. Orwell come home to roost. It’s amazing to see the West commit suicide as it willfully bans any criticism of arguably the most toxic ideology on the planet: Islam.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 3, 2018, 10:19

There were a couple of interesting items on Hot Air today. In the first, it seems that the International Court of Justice ordered the United States to end its sanctions against Iran because they violate the friendship treaty that Eisenhower signed with the Shah's government that the mullahcrats overthrew. The article ended by wondering if someone like Nikki Haley was going to suggest that they stick their order where the sun doesn't shine, which certainly sounds like a sensible idea to me. Even better might be for Trump to visit them, turn around, and moon them. He might do it, too.

The other concerns a recent academic hoax. A couple of scholars decided to go after the various leftist madrassas by presenting feminist etc. scholarship in the form of hoaxes. The best may have been rewriting a chapter from Mein Kampf in feminist jargon. That one had just been accepted. I can't give the link here.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 3, 2018, 10:36

Here's that link, Timothy.

What if we write a paper claiming that when a guy privately masturbates while thinking about a woman (without her consent—in fact, without her ever finding out about it) that he’s committing sexual violence against her?

Oh, believe me. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is already doing nonsense like this. I was more shocked than amused (and that's saying something) when I was watching an episode on Netflix and the man-hating Olivia Benson said she considered it rape because a guy (in completely consensual sex) didn't use his real name.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 3, 2018, 11:22

I don't know what the problem is, but a lot of times I can create a link, and the Paste option is highlighted -- but if I use it nothing happens. With my right clicker locking up the computer (the left clicker simply doesn't work, which cost me several hours of computer use a week ago until I was told about a work-around), I have to use Edit, which isn't available when I'm using Edge but is for Firefox. But that doesn't matter if Paste doesn't work.

The problem is that these are supposed to be reputable scholarly papers. Of course, nothing the leftist madrassas do is actually either reputable or scholarly, I suspect. This is almost as much fun as the science fair project on getting signatures on a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 3, 2018, 11:35

the science fair project on getting signatures on a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

I laughed my ass off when I read about that a couple of decades, or so, back. It had special meaning for me as I was working with a product (disinfectant) which had to have an LD 50 test run on it to market it. I would go around telling people that even water was lethal if taken in sufficient quantities. It's called drowning.

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 3, 2018, 11:57

Not to mention bloating. Lederer and Burdick mentioned a supposed past torture (and it's likely that someone somewhere sometime did any torture you can think of) that involved filling someone's stomach with water until it became distended -- and then giving him a good, hard punch there.

And of course water can be involved in car accidents (slick roads, especially when the water has been frozen). Not to mention parboiling with steam. And the project also mentioned water showing up in cancers (natually, it shows up everywhere). It can even be implicated in global warming (water vapor is the primary greenhouse gas). If you think about it, this sounds like a leftist discussing false accuser Ford's claims against Judge Kavanaugh.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 3, 2018, 12:01

I have even read of someone dying because they drank so much water so quickly that it caused something to go wrong chemically in their body. I think it was a frat kid doing it on a dare. No alcohol involved.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 4, 2018, 12:34

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. – I gave him a glass of water.

---

Did you know that Germany came up with sparkling water? Who else would think of adding gas?

---

How do you make holy water? You take normal water, and boil the hell out of it.

---

Why do sharks swim in salt water? Because pepper water makes them sneeze.

---

A blonde texts her husband on a cold winter’s morning: "Windows frozen, won’t open." Husband texts back: "Gently pour some lukewarm water over it and gently tap edges with hammer." Wife texts back 5 minutes later: "Computer really messed up now.”

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 4, 2018, 12:41

Aaaaaaaahhh!

Timothy-
Lane
on: October 4, 2018, 13:02

Good ones, good ones. I will now mention one a friend told me back in Greece. It concerns a priest whose bishop was mostly pleased with him -- except for the priest selling frozen holy water as popesicles.

And while I'm at it, the most famous poetic reference to water:

Water, water everywhere, and all the boards did shrink.
Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink.

Pages: First << 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.242 seconds.