Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 >> Last
Author Topic: Breaking News
Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
Post Re: Breaking News
on: April 23, 2019, 19:04

The link is to an important story which confirms the Obama White House had full knowledge of Hillary's unsecure email account. Obama lied and said he learned about it only from the news.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/04/fbi-admits-hillary-emails-found-in-obama-white-house/?cat_orig=politics

I pray that Trump has the will to follow this travesty all the way to its source and go after everyone, including Hillary and Obama, if it can be shown they were behind the "Russia Hoax" in any way. If he does not do this, a similar hoax will take place in the future.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 23, 2019, 19:21

It's dangerous when political opponents face legal charges, that being the sort of thing done in banana republics and other despotisms in democratic guise. But it's also true that crimes do need to be punished. I remember when there were extensive lists of the vandalism departing Clinton Gangsters did to the White House. Bush 43 insisted nothing of significance happened. This means that either someone came up with some very specific false accusations -- or Bush was willing to ignore serious vandalism in the name of civility (which the Demagogues didn't reciprocate). Either way, it was very undesirable; I simply had no way of knowing which it was.

In any case, it's obvious that the Demagogues are quite willing to go after political opponents, as has been shown by a large number of instances (perhaps most notoriously in Texas and Wisconsin) as well as their plans for Trump.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 23, 2019, 20:41

It's dangerous when political opponents face legal charges, that being the sort of thing done in banana republics and other despotisms in democratic guise. But it's also true that crimes do need to be punished

Conservatives are the ones afraid to go after political opponents for fear of damaging our Republic and this is understandable. At the beginning of the Russia Hoax/Witch Hunt against Trump, I was of the opinion that the whole sorry affair should be ignored. But as time has gone by, I have come to the conclusion that greater damage will be done if the perps behind this are left alone.

Of course it is harder for people with morals to operate in politics than for those without morals. To stay within boundaries is by definition more difficult than not to stay within them. We are always at a disadvantage if we want to stay true to our beliefs. But this does not mean moral people should walk away from a fight.

It is clear than elites have been doing great damage to our political system. Some in the intelligence and justice departments have acted like they were part of a phony East European democracy from the 1930s. If they are not called on the carpet in a way that punishes them, they and others will continue to operate outside the legal political system. If this allowed, our system will be destroyed very quickly. We cannot afford that.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 23, 2019, 20:57

There would be no danger in going after the DOJ/CIA/etc. culprits of this attempted coup. And one can hope William Barr will indeed unleash federal prosecutors on them. Their malfeasance must be punished.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 24, 2019, 08:43

I agree the unelected scoundrels in the DOJ/CIA and elsewhere should be prosecuted. They represent nobody but themselves and presented a profound danger. State bureaucracies must be kept under the control of the elected representatives.

Even before this episode, such bureaucrats have gained too much independence.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 26, 2019, 14:21

This is another good move by Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-us-withdrawal-from-un-arms-trade-treaty

I am against most umbrella-type international agreements and treaties. They are generally too long, have hidden clauses and give away American sovereignty to organizations like the U.N. or banana republics. Such treaties are only followed by countries which follow the law, i.e. places like the USA. So they serve to bind our hands, but not those of the rest of the world.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 26, 2019, 14:40

These days I oppose almost all treaties because that's what they all seem to be. They proclaim great pious wishes, but they also include all sorts of specific provisions to enforce those wishes. And then leftist judges look at these provisions for ways to take away rights they don't like by interpreting them creatively and then pointing to the constitutional rule that (ratified) treaties are the law of the land. In fact, some leftists will even use unratified treaties (like this one) or, even worse, treaties the US has never signed.

I'm a mild nationalist, definitely not a globalist.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 26, 2019, 14:49

While I have lived around the world and my living is made on international trade, I do not consider myself a Globalist. I find the difference between peoples and countries fascinating and have to desire to create a bland mish-mash of cultures which is what Globalists want. Of course, they also want to be on top of this mish-mash and soak it for all its worth.

Timothy-
Lane
on: April 26, 2019, 15:05

Jonah Goldberg has an article that discussed the siren calls for national unity, and why this is wrong as well as useless. As a secondary matter, he discussed the decline in religion, suggesting that the increasing association of (Christian) religion with the GOP has played a major role. Naturally he blames this on the evangelical leaders (maybe he and French had lunch together), ignoring the role of the Demagogues increasingly rejecting (and targeting) Christianity and even God. The link is:

Useless Unity

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: April 26, 2019, 15:36

I am surprised that Town Hall publishes such pieces at this one by Mona Charon.

https://townhall.com/columnists/monacharen/2019/04/26/will-conservatives-give-russia-a-pass-n2545404

It is a litany of nonsense which sounds as if Charon's purpose is to keep the "Russia" frenzy going. Nation States interfere with each other. The USA has been interfering big-time with Russia in regards to the Ukraine and Crimea. It has also interfered in energy policy and other areas, including voting.

I am convinced this Russian mania is a ruse, by groups within our elites, to keep the poorly-informed populace stirred up. China presents a much greater threat to the USA and the established world order than Russia. While China has the second largest world economy, (thanks in large part to the USA), and is aggressively expanding its military and political reach, Russia's economy is about 1/10th the size of the USA's. At its peak, the USSR economy was about 1/3rd the size of America's which has a much larger percentage of the world economy than it does today.

Russia has little influence in the world, even in nearby countries. This Russian hoax needs to be refuted constantly. Too many people appear to believe that our world is significantly threatened by Russia. What a load of crap.

Pages: First << 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.303 seconds.