Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 32 33 34 [35] 36
Author Topic: Breaking News
Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Breaking News
on: February 25, 2019, 19:27

There's interesting news on the hoax hate crime front. Town Hall has an excerpt from Hate Crime Hoax by Dr. Wilfred Reilly, studying the history of this particular type of crime that apparently really got going with the Tawana Brawley case. He includes a fine summary of the case and its consequences. (Brawley never paid off any portion of the $345,000 she owed Duchess County DA Pangborn for libeling him, but when this was reported a while back, an alert judge issued an order garnishing her salary.) The link is:

Hate Crime Hoaxes

In addition, Hot Air is reporting a hate crime from a year or two back, when a Jackson, MI homosexual/transgender activist had his house burned down by arson. The police have now concluded that it would have been difficult (given the time available) for anyone other than the "victim" to commit the crime. Naturally, this raises the question of why it would happen, but we all know the answer, just as we do with Jussie Smollett. The link is:

Another hate hoax? Gay rights activist accused of burning down house, killing his own pets

Timothy-
Lane
on: February 26, 2019, 10:23

Brad and Pat presumably know about this already, but it seems Seattle has an interesting problem with its homeless. A small number are junkies who commit lots of crimes to fund their habits. They've learned to work the system so that they spend hardly any time in jail, partly because no one seems to take into account past behavior. Naturally, the ordinary citizens who are their victims are unhappy about this. Equally naturally, the welfare crowd in local government sympathize with the criminals rather than their victims. (Equally naturally, the victims never seem to figure out that maybe this should affect their votes, such as opposing the leftist Demagogues who abet the crimes with their feckless law enforcement, which they impose on the police.) This is the link:

Seattle’s homeless, ‘prolific offenders’ responsible for thousands of criminal cases

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: February 26, 2019, 10:32

I didn’t read that specific article, Timothy. And to be honest, I watch about zero local news. But I was aware, in general, that Seattle was turning into San Francisco. Even here where I live, there is hardly a wooded area not infested by bums, transients, vagrants, etc. I delivered a product to one of my customers the other day on a sunny winter day. Their business is well within the city limits. This is basically a residential district, middle class or slightly upper.

Behind their parking lot is a nice grove a trees. It looks like a half acre or so. One of the ladies there mentioned that on such days they would get out and take a nice walk together up and down the street. And I mentioned that grove of trees. They said, no, they would never go there because it’s full of the “homeless.”

The previous mayor did (I think) make at least a minor effort to clear out a few vagrants. And I’m not sure what the policy is of the current mayor. But if you elect me as mayor, one of my primary goals would be to clear them out and thus send them to some other libtard city where they can infest it.

There but the Grace of God go I. But that only goes so far. This has become simply a bunch of Vandals. And we should not turn a blind eye to them. A few certainly could use our help. But for most it’s just a freebie lifestyle. Why and how they got there would make for an interesting story. But that in no way countermands the need to stop it or to send them elsewhere.

Timothy-
Lane
on: February 26, 2019, 11:16

The article did indicate that the current mayor was responsible for much of this, and that it was a change from the previous mayor. As usual, the left heads ever further to the left, and the problem is how few voters realize how far they've already gone (and how much further they undoubtedly will go).

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: February 26, 2019, 15:23

Hot Air is reporting a hate crime from a year or two back, when a Jackson, MI homosexual/transgender activist had his house burned down by arson.

I read the HotAir article and another one from some Detroit newspaper. It is amazing how many other crazies are around this person. If I were as ugly as this mutt, I would probably want to be something else as well, but I would try to get medical help before going off the deep end.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: February 26, 2019, 15:44

This woman is a self-righteous and none-too-bright illegal alien who needs to be deported. Unfortunately, ICE appears to be dumber than she is. What are the chances she will show up for her hearing?

Woman Charged With Attacking Falmouth Man Wearing MAGA Hat Taken Into ICE Custody

Timothy-
Lane
on: February 26, 2019, 16:21

This is standard procedure, but there should be some way to do the equivalent of denying bail for a flight risk. That's basically what she is, after all. Why this presumably can't be done, I don't know, but no doubt the Demagogues imposed some peculiar rules under the Black God, and it takes time to reverse all the damage he did.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: March 11, 2019, 12:06

the link is to a very insightful article about how instantaneous information has only increased the dishonesty in the news media, and our tendency to believe it because we want to.

The Will to Belief

Timothy-
Lane
on: March 14, 2019, 19:17

As Britain applies more and more gun controls, jokes about knife control became common. Naturally, to legislators looking to Do Something about a problem (greatly increased knife violence), these were good ideas, not jokes. Now a British MP actually proposed . . . GPS links attached to knives. A conservative MP had a lot of fun with this, suggesting that after another knife murder and find thousands of sharp knives in the area. Mostly in kitchens, of course. The link is:

GPS Knives

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: March 14, 2019, 19:31

One way to reduce knife crime is to allow more guns.

Pages: First << 32 33 34 [35] 36
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.257 seconds.