Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 >> Last
Author Topic: Breaking News
Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Breaking News
on: November 15, 2018, 16:20

The manual recount was completed today in Florida. Scott gained over 800 votes compared to Nelson, but most of this was actual losses in Broward County (in other words, about 2000 excessive votes, the bulk of them forNelson by a similar margin to the actual votes). Fortunately for Nelson, Broward (though they completed their count 12 minutes before the deadline) slipped up in reporting and got it in 2 minutes late. Rick Scott is very suspicious about this most convenient error.

The final hand recount of overvotes and undervotes will be complete Sunday afternoon. With Scott picking up a few votes (net) in the machine count and De Santis losing a single net vote compared to Gollum, the governor's race is effectively over except for late-arriving votes and "cured" votes. But AP isn't calling it until he's certified -- though they called the Arizona Senate race before it was certified.

Palm Beach, of course, failed to make the deadline. Cheater Nelson's crooked shyster, Marc Elias, is demanding that the law be set aside in order to give him a ghost of a chance of winning. I doubt he'll demand that the Broward recount be used.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 16, 2018, 09:05

Jim Geraghty has an interesting article at NRO today discussing some current stories. First, he looks at the refusal of Demagogues to take "no" for an answer from voters in Florida and Georgia. Gollum and Abrams have no way of winning their gubernatorial races, but still refuse to concede. Abrams is even considering a lawsuit to force a new vote on the grounds of persistent misconduct by Georgia Secretary of State Kemp, even though the election is run by the counties and not the state.

Geraghty also looks at Amazon's decision to split its new second headquarters between NYC and the DC suburbs of Virginia. Defenders of the crony capitalism subsidies claim that the states (and cities/counties) will get their money back in taxes. He shows how this is actually true, though it takes several years -- but only if they aren't making any significant use of public services. Since Arlington County spends about $19,000 per year per student, which is more than a typical couple will probably pay in state income taxes, a decent number of students will cancel out a lot of the taxes. And that doesn't even consider police, road repair and mass transit, emergency room visits, and other such government expenditures.

He also points out what this means in terms of urban crowding on the quality of life of local residents. There were plenty of places that really needed the jobs far more, so NYC and Virginia didn't have to give up much for them -- and did anyway. The link is:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/critics-of-the-amazon-deal-have-valid-reasons-to-oppose-it/

In addition, the Jim Accoster/CNN suit (backed by most news sources, including FNC) came before a DC district judge today. With the Sherrill decision as his source, he felt obligated to issue the temporary order returning the hard White House pass to Accoster until he receives due process. (Allahpundit has a Hot Air article explaining this. Sorry, I can't have two links at the same time.) Of course, this doesn't require Trump to accept any questions from him, or even to hold press conferences. Nor was it a ruling on the merits, and it can be appealed to a higher court not obligated to accept the decades-old precedent.

But at least the synoptic media, if they were honest (you can stop laughing now), would have to admit that there's no guarantee that a Trump appointee will side with him.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 16, 2018, 19:30

Following up on that, the Bitter Botch Abrams admitted defeat tonight and promised (for what that's worth) not to challenge it in court. But she bitterly proclaimed herself the victim of (unproven, needless to say) voter suppression by Brian Kemp. Leftists of all sorts are unhappy that Kemp ran for governor while serving as Secretary of State, as if they were unaware that this sort of thing has happened nearly everywhere in America for a long time. I've been watching elections for over 40 years, especially here in Kentucky and to some degree in Indiana, and have never witnessed it happening. She plans a federal suit to keep up the victimhood campaign and deny Kemp's legitimacy.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 16, 2018, 21:45

The left will continue to use law suits to spread confusion and delay; to quote Sir Topham Hatt.

The only logical consistency in this regard is that they will use any and all means to gain power and diminish the power of their opponents. They have zero morals other than the morals of Bolsheviks who value power over everything else, thus the ends (their gaining power) justify the means (anything that they decide to do). A few people are beginning to understand and, more importantly, say this. The Dims have secretly been a European-type of Social Democratic party for decades, but they have now moved leftward and have become, to some degree, a communist group trying to figure out if they are a Leninist-type or Trotsky-like party. One can only hope the various wings will consume each other; a common occurrence among parties of the left.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 16, 2018, 21:49

And of course Lenin and Trotsky both were ready to murder their opponents in the end. So will the Demagogues if they ever gain the power to do so. That's why they don't seriously object to Antifa violence.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 17, 2018, 10:57

The small town of Republic in small rural Ferry County in northeastern Washington is considering becoming perhaps the first Washinton sanctuary city for the Second Amendment. The local police chief has already refused to follow the new Washington gun control law, and the mayor is backing him up.

Such things shouldn't happen, except in the rare case of charter cities in California which explicitly have some right to nullify certain state laws. But if it's acceptable to have sanctuary cities that ignore immigration laws (and Washington undoubtedly has a few in the Puget Sound area), then it's equally acceptable to have sanctuary cities that ignore gun control laws.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 19, 2018, 19:49

Michael Brown reported various forms of political correctness in a Town Hall article. One of the most remarkable involves several leftist Australian colleges banning . . . sarcasm. This sounds clever. After all, how could anyone respond sensibly to that news without being rather sarcastic? The link is:

https://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2018/11/19/if-the-radical-left-takes-over-you-can-kiss-your-freedoms-goodbye-n2536193

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 19, 2018, 20:15

We are finally seeing the true nature of the left. They are opening up about their Stalinist policy preferences including those which ruled freedom of speech in the U.S.S.R. As Uncle Joe made very clear in his communications to those involved, the Politburo determined what speech was proper and when it was needed.

Yesterday, I was talking to a good conservative about the latest political situation and he kept going on about how the crazy policies of the left are doomed to failure thus people will finally see how wrong the left is. I have heard similar refrains many times over the last 40-50 years. And all through those 40-50 years I have tried to explain to those good people that they completely misunderstand the force they are up against. The left takes Das Kapital, The Communist Manifesto and other such writings as holy writ. And once something enters the realm of theology, logic based on experience has nothing to do with action. Faith and hope take over. No matter how many times leftists fail, they keep trying because it is their religion.

I was speaking to my wife about this today and how frustrating it has been trying to inform people over the decades of the threat which faces us. People generally believe I am being too hostile or am exaggerating the threat. Well, I have not exaggerated and we are very close to a point of no return, in my opinion. The left never gives up. Leftists have deeper belief in their theology and put more energy into their goals than most Christians whom I encounter.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: November 20, 2018, 09:33

Yesterday, I was talking to a good conservative about the latest political situation and he kept going on about how the crazy policies of the left are doomed to failure thus people will finally see how wrong the left is. I have heard similar refrains many times over the last 40-50 years. And all through those 40-50 years I have tried to explain to those good people that they completely misunderstand the force they are up against.

Well said, Mr. Kung. This idea has been floating around for a long time. “Decent people will just not let this stand.” Well, lack of opposition is not an opposition. Or, as Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters sang, you’ve got to Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive.

But because these changes have given women, homosexuals, blacks, and illegal aliens such political and economic power, it’s been difficult for the honest white guy to oppose it. The argument is of general principles against immediate gratification. One argues “best in the long run” against the short-term ambitions of the mob.

Note that this problem is exacerbated particularly when women run on the GOP ticket and/or are elected. What can they really be against? This is the gravy boat that put them here in preference to men. Maybe you adopt “education” as your issue as many local Republicans do (women or men). And what we see from the GOP is a fully emasculated (or pop-enculturated like that clown who went on SNL) party whose ambitions are no higher than running the existing apparatus of the state better and more efficiently (if not also by throwing more money at it). But they are not for cutting the beast, nor do they rebut the various cultural "virtues" of the Left. By not explicitly opposing them they thus give their implicit approval of them.

I was reading about the horrible fires in California. I don’t know what region the commenters to the article came from but many of them sound like they are angry Californians. They’re blaming the environmental wackos for not allowing the proper management of the forests (such as allowing fallen trees to be harvested, etc.)

This is the situation of our republic. There is so much dead wood stacking up and no one is clearing it away. A fire can’t help but blaze at some point.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 21, 2018, 12:16

Well said, Mr. Kung. This idea has been floating around for a long time. “Decent people will just not let this stand.” Well, lack of opposition is not an opposition.

I have to admit that I was a little exasperated with my conservative friend for his casual assumption that as people see the insanity of leftist thought they will naturally reject the ridiculous policies of the left.

I see little forethought or deep thinking on the right. Of course, conservativism is at a natural disadvantage as most conservatives go about their daily lives instead of spending a huge amount of time with politics. They also believe in some other God than Marx (or his cohorts) so their passions are not dedicated to politics and they are just are not compelled to get involved in the same way leftists do. But this had better change fast.

Pages: First << 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.285 seconds.