Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 >> Last
Author Topic: Breaking News
Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Breaking News
on: November 9, 2018, 08:36

Nor, for reasons given in the article, is it inherently implausible.

Timothy, read Selwyn's latest article at AT. There's your reasons. I won't, in this case, say that Selwyn is catching up to us here at ST. He's a rare one. But that's the gist of it. I truly laughed out loud when another article (I forget by who or where) noted that the House race was decided by neurotic women — one's who had no love for the San Francisco liberals but whose vote would benefit them anyway.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 9, 2018, 16:13

A judge ordered Broward to open up its procedures in order to live up to its (state) constitutional obligations by 7 p.m. -- and Demagogue fraudster Brenda Snipehunt refused. The GOP will file to have her declared in contempt of court, bu in the meantime Governor Scott should suspend Snipehunt and put the Secretary of State in charge. His lead has been whittled down to 15,000, and as the Demagogues continue to "find" more votes, it will eventually disappear if he fails to act. He should already have done so when she failed to follow the requirement to report early vote totals by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 9, 2018, 16:20

I do not understand why the Republicans allow this garbage to happen so often in Broward County. It was foreseeable there and in Palm Beach County. Such skullduggery was also predictable in Georgia and Arizona once the margin of victory in each contest was seen to be slim. The Dims are always prepared to commit fraud.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 9, 2018, 16:40

This is why I've commented elsewhere that if the Republicans lose in Florida, they only have themselves to blame. They knew what was coming the moment Broward failed to do its duty (and given Snipehunt's record, should have been prepared for them already) on Election Night. As best I can tell, the vote count is about done in Georgia, with a handful left that reportedly are too small to put Kemp below 50%. Arizona is harder to say, but it should be noted that many Western states spend a long time counting. Apparently Maricopa has completed its count, and a number of Republican counties are still incomplete -- though Senema also now has a 20,000-vote lead.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 10, 2018, 12:00

Well, despite everything, the fraudsters evidently completed the Broward and Palm Beach counts more or less on time, with Scott holding a lead of about 12,500 votes and De Santis up by 33,000. The Demagogues did manage to grab the lead in the race for Agriculture Commissioner by about 5,600 votes. There will be machine recounts for all 3 and most likely hand recounts for the two smaller ones, but it would be unheard of for those, and the tiny handful of late-arriving absentee ballots (mostly military ballots). to reverse such margins. I would like to assume that they'll be watching the problem areas closely, but that assumes someone in the Florida GOP actually has balls.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 12, 2018, 13:12

The link is to an interesting story which lays out the stalinistic group-think required in Silicon Valley companies, specifically Facebook.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-did-facebook-fire-a-top-executive-hint-it-had-something-to-do-with-trump-1541965245

Toward the end of the piece, it becomes clear that female employees at Facebook were a large motivating factor in getting this executive fired. Should we take from this that once you a group of females together feelings override all other thought or consideration and tyranny breaks out? The tyranny of tears.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 12, 2018, 17:43

The votes aren't quite all in yet, but the AP looked at the increasing margins for Senema and concluded that she'll win the Senate race. McSally conceded tonight. Senema had already pulled over 30,000 votes ahead over the weekend, and probably gained more today.

Part of the problem was her failure to carry Maricopa County, which represents about 60% of the votes and normally leans Republican. One of her primary opponents was former Maricopa Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who came in a poor third but still has a lot of fans there who may not have forgiven McSally for winning. If so, I wish them joy of new Senator Senema, a professional leftist who hates them.

Jon Kyl, the temporary replacement for John McCain, is expected to return to private life next year, and McSally may be appointed to replace him, and then run for the seat in the 2020 special election. If so, hopefully she'll win next time. Demography is helping the Demagogues in Arizona, but the GOP easily held the governorship and still controls both houses of the state legislature. It isn't switching yet. The last Demagogue Senator there was Dennis DeConcini, defeated for re-election (or maybe he retired) for this same seat in 1994.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: November 14, 2018, 12:58

Do you think that maybe they really are laughing at all of us peons who believe there is a difference between Dims and Reps? Further proof that it is the Deep State vs. the rest of us.

https://wgno.com/2018/11/14/michelle-obama-opens-up-about-her-friendship-with-george-w-bush/amp/

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 14, 2018, 13:28

Bush gets along with everyone. Except Trump, of course. A lot of his supporters share this disregard. There certainly are a lot of GOP swamp dwellers, who in Weimar-on-the-Potomac are probably pretty much the same thing as those I call Beltway Bandits. But he did campaign for Kavanaugh, and I think also for Cruz, so he did at least help the party this year more than he and his people hurt it.

Timothy-
Lane
on: November 15, 2018, 08:02

A list of birthdays for today notes that Dame Petula Clark was born on this very date 86 years ago -- and she's still active. I wouldn't bet on being still alive at that age. Others born on this date include William Herschel and Erwin Rommel. (I recall that a Herschel scion was one of the people involved in the use of fingerprinting.)

Pages: First << 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.741 seconds.