Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Amazon Prime Video
Timothy-
Lane
Post Re: Amazon Prime Video
on: October 14, 2018, 17:54

At least they made the Paki a villain. Thank Hell for small favors. An occasional "diversity" character would be one thing, but filling the show with them has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with the British Bullshitting Corporation. Did you ever read Fletcher Knebel's Dark Horse? It's very left-wing, naturally, but it also featured a Demagogue presidential candidate (Hugh Pinholster) who would fit in perfectly on Shetland.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 14, 2018, 18:27

Never read anything by Knebel. Will look him up on Wikipedia.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 14, 2018, 18:49

Amazing the diversity which abounds in and around Shetland.

Agreed, Mr. Kung. It’s being PC’d to death for all the reasons you specified and no doubt more. But you have to approach these shows as you would canned soup. I make my own soup and it’s very good. I’ll have you over some time. But there isn’t always time to make it. Sometimes you have a hankering for some soup and you do the best you can with some packaged or canned soup.

Inevitably such prefabbed soups are way too salty and often have a somewhat foul aftertaste. But you’re hungry, you want something hot, it’s convenient, so you open a can and eat it.

Series on TV are like this. It goes without saying that any modern show is going to be a bad can of soup in some way. But it’s all there is to eat. So honest people like you and me, who don’t make a habit of fooling ourselves, will have the soup and do the best we can not to get indigestion. But never will we pretend that it’s homemade.

Seasons one and two of Shetland had some good ingredients in it. But it’s still just modern canned soup. When you’re hungry, it can do the trick. But there isn’t much room for further compromise. We realize feminism, political correctness, “diversity,” etc., are going to be front-and-center in any British series as they craft a suicide pact with Islam. We can sort of laugh at their fatal foolishness as an inside joke.

But if they begin to put too much in, then it’s like spores of botulism getting mixed into the soup. It’s ruined. It’s unhealthy and will turn your stomach.

But, truthfully, with season three I just got bored out of my mind. And by the time you get to the end (hoping for some payoff to make it all worthwhile), the ending is idiotic….completely. Oh well. I hope those out there within the sound of our voices will still watch seasons one and two. They are well worth watching. And perhaps if someone gets to season 4 (I did….and quickly tuned out because The Nothing had also spread to it) or even 5, they can report back if it gets any better.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: October 14, 2018, 19:18

One of the things which I found completely silly about season 3 was the villain. To believe that everything was plotted and put into motion by that twerp nut-case, was simply more than I could swallow, even being hungry.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: October 15, 2018, 08:13

Yes, Mr. Kung. I thought the same thing. Still, I hold out hope that the series will right itself. Season 4 is on BritBox. I don’t remember where I left off but perhaps I’ll pick it up again. I like DI Jimmy Perez. He’s like the Mr. Rogers of police inspectors. He doesn’t do a lot of yelling and screaming. He calmly goes about his job and won’t be baited into losing his cool. (A commendable trait, I would assume.)

It’s interesting how all British daughters are now portrayed as little spoiled, reckless, cry-baby narcissists. His step-daughter might not be as bad, but she’s up there. That makes me wonder if female fascism (the Rule of Hysteria) has become so normal for them that such portrayals aren’t in the least a commentary on the times but just boilerplate reality that they never really think about anymore.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.149 seconds.