Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Behzod Abduraimov
Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
Post Behzod Abduraimov
on: February 5, 2018, 20:49

Tonight I was listening to a live concert on the radio which featured Behzod Abduraimov playing Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto.

Although his name was vaguely familiar, I do not recall having heard him play before. Let me say he is an outstanding talent.

He is the most exciting pianist I have heard since I saw Alexei Sultanov win the Van Cleyburn in 1989.

You can find Abduraimov on Youtube. I listened to him play Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto, Lizst's Mephisto Waltz and Klangraum im Herbst, Saint-Saens' Piano Concerto no. 2 and the first movement of Tchiakovsky's 1st Piano Concerto.

It is a joy to hear such talent and quality in this day (or any other day for that matter) of mediocrity. In the area of music, there should be no question of the superiority of Western Culture. (Idiot George Harrison and Ravi Shankar, notwithstanding.)

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
Post Re: Behzod Abduraimov
on: February 8, 2018, 09:31

Here is Abduraimov’s Prokofiev: Sonata No.6 / Liszt, Saint-Saens. That’s a mouthful. This is the mp3 downloadable version so it does offer you a brief sample of most of the songs.

It’s not necessarily the stuff I would put on as pleasant background music. Some of this is pretty earnest and heavy playing. But the man can certainly tickle the keyboard. He’s not a bad looking dude either.

You can buy some other songs individually such as his performance of Swan Lake.

Kung Fu Zu
Kung Fu Zu
on: February 8, 2018, 09:51

I have never been a big "background music" type of guy, which is just as well as even if I have music on for background noise, I generally end up concentrating on the music and not whatever else I might be doing. I have become a little less serious in this regard as I have aged, and had less time to listen to music. But the tendency is still there.

Timothy-
Lane
on: February 8, 2018, 10:57

As for Swan Lake, I have at least one version of it. Some of my classical music is listed by composer, some by conductor. I usually don't know who conducted, and probably never know any of the performers since all I have now are the MP3 files. I have a lot of Tchaikovsky, including the complete Nutcracker.

Brad-
Nelson
Administrator
Brad Nelson
on: February 8, 2018, 11:07

Well, that album I found is slightly aggressive music and certainly is meant to be listened to in the foreground. My moods certainly change where I want to hear a little rock ’n’ roll. I suppose there is a classical music equivalent of that. But that album would not be what I would choose to listen to if wanting to relax.

Here’s Behzod doing Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No 3 in D Minor. I find this to be much more beautiful than the other one where it was more of an aggressive banging away at the keys. Still, even this isn’t necessarily what I’d listen to for pleasure.

I couldn’t find any performances by him doing Chopin. But here he is doing Four Impromptus, D.935, op.142 by Franz Schubert. That’s nice.

But I suppose this is a personal thing. I love some forms of jazz. But many jazz songs just seem like they’re trying to hard too be jazzy and come off as annoying.

I don’t mind moody music, of hitting the black keys. Here’s Anna Fedorova playing keyboard in Rachmanioff’s Piano Concerto No. 2. A nice mix of moody and beauty, of hard and soft.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.094 seconds.